Viet Nam Social Security strictly implements Law on Health Insurance towards universal healthcare
17/07/2020 12:36 PM
The Ministry of Health (MoH) has issued Document No 3368/BYT-BHYT, dated June 19, 2020 on raising social awareness of health insurance policies and celebrating the Viet Nam Health Insurance Day on July 1 on the theme of “strict implementation of the health insurance law towards universal healthcare”.
Implementing Decision No 823/QĐ-TTg of June 16, 2019 by Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc on taking July 1 as the Viet Nam Health Insurance Day in order to ensure the adoption of the health insurance law and policies towards the goal of universal healthcare, the MoH has asked provincial People’s Committees, Viet Nam Social Security branches and related agencies to conduct the following activities:
1. Provincial departments of health and Viet Nam Social Security branches to collaborate with related agencies and departments to assist provincial People’s Committees in developing communication plans on health insurance, mechanisms and policies to support and encourage people to participate in health insurance associated with the implementation of health insurance development targets assigned by the Prime Minister in Decision No 1167 / QD-TTg dated June 28, 2016 on the readjustment of the allocation of health insurance implementation targets for the 2016 - 2020 period, to maintain the health insurance participation rate of the provinces and cities and continue to cover the population who have not yet participated in health insurance. In particular, encourage all students to participate in health insurance and increase the percentage of households participating in health insurance with all members.
2. Departments of health to direct medical facilities in the area to continue strictly implementing the provisions of the law on health insurance, medical examination and treatment; strengthen inspection and examination to prevent health insurance fund abuse; improve the quality of medical examination and treatment to meet patients' satisfaction, economically and effectively use the health insurance fund.
3. Provincial departments of health and Viet Nam Social Security branches to collaborate with departments and agencies to develop effective communication measures to help people understand their rights and responsibilities when participating in health insurance and using health insurance for medical examination and treatment.
4. Provincial departments of health and Viet Nam Social Security branches to collaborate with departments and agencies to raise social awareness on the Viet Nam Health Insurance Day on July 1, 2020 in forms of meetings, conferences, seminars, etc; to hang posters on health insurance with slogans including:
- Improving the quality of medical treatment and examination using health insurance to satisfy patients’ demands towards universal health insurance;
- Participate in health insurance to take care of your health, family and community;
- Participate in household health insurance to take care of your loved ones;
- Implement the Law on Health Insurance to ensure social welfare and sustainable development;
- Participating in health insurance is the right and responsibility of each person, family, organisation and community;
- Health insurance is the social welfare policy implemented by the Government./.
Work Injury and Occupational Disease
Medical (Health Insurance)
Certificate of coverage
VSS - ISSA Guidelines on Social Security