1. Step 1: The employee submits a dossier specified in the boxes “Dossier components” and “Number of dossier sets” to the district-level social insurance agency or the provincial-level social insurance agency of the locality where he/she resides (in case the provincial-level social insurance agency settles procedures for payment of lump-sum social insurance allowance).
The employee shall directly receive the settlement results. If unable to come to directly receive the results, he/she must make a letter of authorization according to Form No. 13-HSB (the original) or an authorization contract in accordance with law for his/her lawful representative to receive the results of settlement of procedures for social insurance allowance.
2. Step 2:
-The district-level social insurance agency receives a complete dossier from the employee, processes the dossier and returns the processed dossier to the employee;
- The provincial-level social insurance agency (in case provincial-level settles procedures for payment of lump-sum social insurance allowance) receives a complete dossier from the employee; processes the dossier and returns the processed dossier to the employee.
- When receiving the employee’s dossier, the district- or provincial-level social insurance agency compares uncertified copies included in the dossier, and returns the originals to the employee.
Submitting the dossier directly at the single-window division of the district-level social insurance agency or the division for receiving and notifying administrative procedure settlement results of the provincial-level social insurance agency of the locality where the employee resides.
1. The social insurance book (the original);
2. The application, made according to Form No. 14-HSB (the original);
3. For a person who wishes to settle abroad, the dossier must also comprise one of the following papers:
- The competent agency’s written certification of renunciation of Vietnamese nationality;
- A certified or notarized Vietnamese translation of one of the following papers: passport issued by a foreign country, or a visa issued by a competent foreign agency, certifying that this person is permitted to enter such country for permanent residence, or a paper certifying that this person is carrying out procedures for naturalization in a foreign country; or a paper certifying residence or a permanent residence card or residence card with a validity period of 5 years or more, issued by a competent foreign agency.
4. Excerpts of the medical record showing that the employee suffers one of such fatal diseases as cancer, poliomyelitis, dropsy cirrhosis, leprosy, serious tuberculosis, or HIV already developed into AIDS, or a medical assessment record in case the employee suffers another disease and has a working capacity decrease level of 81% or more without being able to recover.
Note: If the originals of the above dossier components are not required, the employee may submit their originals, copies enclosed with the originals for comparison, certified copies or duplicates.
10 days from the date of receipt of a complete dossier under regulations.
Application form (Form No. 14-HSB)
Letter of authorization (Form No. 13-HSB)
a/ The employee has reached the retirement age specified in Clause 1, 2 or 4, Article 54 of the 2014 Law on Social Insurance but has paid social insurance premiums for under 20 years, or he/she has reached the age specified in Clause 3, Article 54 of the 2014 Law on Social Insurance but has paid social insurance premiums for under 15 years and does not continue paying voluntary social insurance premiums;
b/ The employee settles abroad;
c/ The employee gets one of such fatal diseases as cancer, poliomyelitis, dropsy cirrhosis, leprosy, serious tuberculosis, or HIV already developed into AIDS, or another disease as prescribed by the Ministry of Health;
d/ The employee defined at Point dd or e, Clause 1, Article 2 of the 2014 Law on Social Insurance who is demobilized or ceases working without being eligible to enjoy pension.
e/ The employee covered by compulsory social insurance who, after one year from the date of ceasing working, or the employee covered by voluntary social insurance who, after one year from the date of ceasing payment of social insurance premiums, has the period of social insurance premium payment of under 20 years, may receive lump-sum social insurance allowance if he/she so requests.
- November 20, 2014 Law No. 58/2014/QH13 on Social Insurance;
- Resolution No. 93/2015/QH13 of June 22, 2015;
- Decree No. 115/2015/ND-CP of November 11, 2015;
- Decree No. 134/2015/ND-CP of December 29, 2015;
- Decree No. 33/2016/ND-CP of May 10, 2016;
- Circular No. 59/2015/TT-BLDTBXH of December 29, 2015;
- Circular No. 01/2016/TT-BLDTBXH of February 18, 2016;
- Ministry of Health’s Circular No. 14/2016/TT-BYT of May 12, 2016;
- Decision No. 636/QD-BHXH of April 22, 2016;
- Vietnam Social Security’s Decision No. 828/QD-BHXH of May 27, 2016.
Work Injury and Occupational Disease
Medical (Health Insurance)
Certificate of coverage
VSS - ISSA Guidelines on Social Security