PM promulgates Decision on using UI Fund to support employees and employers
01/10/2021 05:10 PM
On October 1, 2021, Deputy Prime Minister (DPM) Le Minh Khai signed on behalf of the Prime Minister (PM) to issue Decision No. 28/2021/QD-TTg regulating the implementation of policies to support employees and employers affected by the Covid-19 pandemic using the Unemployment Insurance (UI) Fund.
Accordingly, cash support for employees as follows:
1. Employees participating in unemployment insurance as of September 30, 2021 (named on the list of unemployment insurance participants of the social security agency), excluding the following cases:
a) Employees working at a state agency, political organization, socio-political organization or people's armed forces unit.
b) Employees working at public non-business units whose recurrent expenditures are guaranteed by the state budget as prescribed in Clause 4, Article 9 of Decree No. 60/2021/ND-CP dated June 21, 2021 of the Government. The Government shall prescribe the financial autonomy mechanism of public non-business units.
2. Employees who have stopped participating in unemployment insurance due to termination of their labor contract or working contract in the period from January 1, 2020 to the end of September 30, 2021, have the period of UI payment preserved according to provisions of the law on employment, excluding those who have.
decided to enjoy monthly pension.
3. Not applicable to those who voluntarily do not receive support.
In which, the time of payment of unemployment insurance as the basis for calculation and the level of support is determined on the basis of the time of payment of unemployment insurance premiums of the employees as of September 30, 2021 but not yet calculated for unemployment benefits.
In case an employee has submitted a dossier of application for unemployment benefits but there is no decision to receive unemployment allowance until September 30, 2021, the total period of unearned unemployment insurance payment serving as a basis for determining the level of support of employees is the total period of unearned UI payment as of September 30, 2021.
The lump-sum support levels are specifically as follows:
a) Less than 12 months of UI payment period: 1,800,000 VND/person.
b) Period of UI payment from full 12 months to less than 60 months: 2,100,000 VND/person.
c) Period of UI payment from full 60 months to less than 84 months: 2,400,000 VND/person.
d) Period of UI payment from full 84 months to less than 108 months: 2,650,000 VND/person.
dd) Period of UI payment from full 108 months to less than 132 months: 2,900,000 VND/person.
e) Period of UI payment from full 132 months or more: 3,300,000 VND/person.
On the employer's side, it is supported to reduce the unemployment insurance premium from 1% to 0% of the monthly salary fund of employees who are participating in unemployment insurance.
Subjects of application: employers specified in Article 43 of the Employment Law who are participating in unemployment insurance before October 1, 2021, excluding the following cases:
1. State agencies, political organizations, socio-political organizations, people's armed forces units.
2. Public non-business units whose recurrent expenditures are guaranteed by the state budget in accordance with the Government's Decree No. 60/2021/ND-CP dated June 21, 2021 on the financial autonomy mechanism of public non-business units.
Public non-business units eligible for reduction of contributions shall send to the social insurance agency where the unit is participating in unemployment insurance 01 copy of the competent agency's document that the public administrative unit is classified as self-financed according to Decree No. 60/2021/ND-CP dated June 21, 2021 of the Government regulating the financial autonomy mechanism of public non-business units.
Time of payment reduction: 12 months, from October 1, 2021 to the end of September 30, 2022.
1. The Ministry of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs (MOLISA) shall direct, propagate, guide, inspect and urge the VSS and localities to implement Resolution No. 116/NQ-CP dated September 24, 2021 of the Government and this Decision. The Minister of the MOLISA shall consider and decide to handle problems arising in the process of the implementation of this Decision.
2. The Ministry of Information and Communications shall assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with the Central Propaganda and Training Commission, other ministries, central and local agencies, and news agencies and newspapers in organizing the dissemination of the Decision.
3. The VSS shall propagate and organize the support of employees and employers under this Decision; report the implementation results to the MOLISA on the 25th of every month for summarizing and reporting to the Government according to regulations.
4. The People's Committees of the provinces and centrally-run cities shall direct the specialized agencies under the provincial-level People's Committees and the district-level People's Committees to coordinate with the social security agency in implementing this Decision.
5. The Vietnam Fatherland Front Central Committee, the Vietnam General Confederation of Labor, representative organizations of employers and socio-political organizations shall participate in propaganda, advocacy and supervise the implementation of this Decision.
This Decision takes effect from October 1, 2021.
See Decision No. 28/2021/QD-TTg here.
Work Injury and Occupational Disease
Medical (Health Insurance)
Certificate of coverage
VSS - ISSA Guidelines on Social Security