NA: GDP in 2024 will reach 6.0 - 6.5%; Health insurance coverage rate 94,1% of the population
10/11/2023 11:23 AM
On the afternoon of November 9, with the majority of delegates in favor (90.49% of the total number of delegates), the National Assembly passed the Resolution on the Socio-Economic Development Plan for the year 2024.
The National Assembly voted to approve the Resolution on the 2024 Socio-Economic Development Plan (Photo quochoi.vn)
The resolution voted to approve the overall goal for 2024 to continue to prioritize growth associated with consolidating and maintaining macroeconomic stability, controlling inflation, and ensuring major economic balances; Promote and create more positive changes in implementing strategic breakthroughs, restructuring the economy associated with innovating growth models, improving economic productivity, quality, efficiency, competitiveness and internal capacity..
Focus on removing institutional and policy bottlenecks; Unlock resources; effectively handle problems to develop stable, safe, healthy and sustainable markets; Improve the effectiveness of implementing laws, policies, and performing public duties.
Accelerate the implementation of key strategic and important national infrastructure projects. Promote administrative reform, improve the business investment environment; enhance social investment attractionư, public-private partnership; develop specific mechanisms and policies to create breakthroughs in selectively attracting foreign investment, especially in emerging industries and fields, ensuring connection with the domestic economic sector, creating motivation to promote growth.
Along with that, focus on comprehensive and synchronous development of the fields of culture, society, education, and health on par with economic development; Concentrate on ensuring social security, sustainable poverty reduction, and improving the material and spiritual lives of the people.
Continue to promote administrative and judicial reforms, drastically prevent and combat corruption, negativity and waste. Consolidate and strengthen national defense and security, maintain independence, sovereignty, and territory; ensure political security, social order and safety; improve the effectiveness of foreign affairs and international integration; Effectively perform information communication, propaganda, and creating social consensus; maintain a peaceful and stable environment and create favorable conditions for national development.
Voting results of the Resolution on the 2024 Socio-Economic Development Plan (Photo: quochoi.vn)
The main indicators are as follows:
1. Gross domestic product (GDP) growth rate to reach 6.0 - 6.5%.
2. GDP per capita to reach bout 4,700 - 4,730 US dollars (USD).
3. The proportion of processing and manufacturing industry in GDP to reach about 24.1% - 24.2%.
4. Average growth rate of consumer price index (CPI) to reach 4.0 - 4.5%.
5. Average social labor productivity growth rate to reach 4.8% - 5.3%.
6. The proportion of agricultural labor in total social labor to reach 26.5%.
7. The rate of trained workers: About 69%, of which about 28 - 28.5% with degrees and certificates.
8. Unemployment rate in urban areas to be Below 4%.
9. The rate of poor households (according to multidimensional poverty standards) to decrease by over 1%.
10. The number of doctors to be about 13.5 ones per 10,000 people.
11. The number of hospital beds to reach about 32.5 ones per 10,000 people.
12. Health insurance participation rate to reach 94.1% of the population.
13. The rate of communes meeting new rural standards to reach 80%.
14. The rate of collection and treatment of urban solid waste ensuring standards and regulations to reach 95%.
15. The rate of industrial parks and export processing zones in operation with centralized wastewater treatment systems meeting environmental standards to reach 92%.
* At the meeting, reporting, explaining, revising the draft Resolution on the 2024 Socio-Economic Development Plan, Chairman of the National Assembly's Economic Committee Vu Hong Thanh said some ideas. It is suggested that in the current context, setting a growth target of about 6.0 - 6.5% is quite high, so it should be lower, about 5-6%.
Chairman of the National Assembly's Economic Committee Vu Hong Thanh stated: The GDP growth target is set on the basis of analysis and forecast of the domestic and international situation, taking into account favorable and difficult factors predicted for the year 2024, closely following the orientation, goals and tasks of the 5-year socio-economic development plan. Setting targets at a high level demonstrates the Government's determination to strive to achieve the set goals, and at the same time to ensure harmony and flexibility in implementing the goals, therefore, we propose the National Assembly to keep them as they are as at the draft resolution./.
Work Injury and Occupational Disease
Medical (Health Insurance)
Certificate of coverage
VSS - ISSA Guidelines on Social Security